Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Rose, A Runner, and A Reveal

First bloom on Queen Elizabeth:
There were a row of Queen Elizabeth roses across the front of my old house, (which had probably been planted near the beginning of the Queen's reign) so I had to plant one here.

The beginning of another table runner:

And the big reveal:
Little Hazel, designed by Esther Aliu, and made as a block-of-the-month this year. Made for a guild challenge on the theme "Circles". Tonight was the challenge reveal, so I can now show the quilt here. Previously I have shown only little hints of it, such as when I cut some of the fabric in February, stitched some triangles in March,  and found some of the same fabric in June.

I think tomorrow I will have to take some photos of parts of the quilt separately, as the details get lost in the full view.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Pretty fabrics and colours for the table runner

Marly said...

That is such a beautiful rose, I've always liked it. "Little Hazel" looks like a labour of love: all those tiny pieces!

Mary said...

Sitting here with the snow flying around just soaking up the sight of your rose. Ahh, only thing better would be a sniff, I'm sure it smells wonderful. And speaking of wonderful, wow , Little Hazel is fabulous

Terry said...

Our house in Deniliquin also had a row of Queen Elizabeth roses. Yours is beautiful.
Little Hazel is beautiful. Looking forward to more posts.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilting. Did everyone guess it was you who had made it?

Kate said...

I like Esther's patterns and as always you have done a great job. Good roses stay available forever and always look great.

jacaranda said...

Your challenge quilt was beautiful, especially as we saw it in the flesh. Would be interested to hear what the other take on the theme were?