Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Finishing

Bright and early this morning the brickies returned to finish the garden walls. They braced the walls first:
Then spent the rest of the day mixing concrete in small batches, then tipping bucket-loads full into the core of the walls.
They still weren't finished tonight, so will be back again tomorrow.

I spent some of the day in my sewing room, finishing a top:
Trying out the pattern, using up some fabric that has been in my stash for a long long time. The purple is a warmer colour than it appears in the photos (as usual with purple).

This is the pattern:
Mine isn't any of the four "views" on the envelope. I made a few changes, in part dictated by the amount of these fabrics I had, and in part for personal preference. I made the whole thing on the 4-thread overlocker, except for the twin-needle stitching on the hems.

As the day finished, the dogs had an off-leash run on the "lawn" after finishing their walk:

No comments: