Friday, July 29, 2016

Getting Things Done

Finally hung this much-needed little reminder in my sewing room:
While I was up the step-ladder, I glanced out the window and saw this:
The first spring star (Ipheion uniflorum) opening! I don't know how many more there might be, but I know from my old garden that they turn into little clumps over time. This one is actually a warmer purple than the photo, of course. As are the purple parts (the feathers, the binding) of my feathered star:
Binding completed this afternoon. I still need to add a way of hanging it, but the quilt itself is done.

I even managed to re-assemble the bobbin winder, and wind bobbins of the threads I bought at the quilt show yesterday:
Much easier than anticipated, but now I need to find a place for this monster to live.

1 comment:

Ivani said...

Great advice! I need to hang one like yours at my sewing room. Love your feathered star quilt. beautiful quilting. Are your new threads trilobal? They shine! Happy Sunday!