The last couple of weeks have been a bit traumatic, so I spent today in my sewing room, making stuff from scraps.
First up a small quilt top which will become a "Quilt of Love", a quilt given to a family who whose baby is stillborn or dies shortly after birth:
4 years ago.
Then I made some QAYG blocks to send to Jan Mac:
almost nothing. I had to cut squares for the back of each block, but the fabrics I used were given to me by people clearing out their stashes. For batting I used the edges cut from quilts before the binding goes on. So each block has two or three strips of scrap batting in it, but the stitching holds them in place. The fabrics for the front of the blocks came from this basket:
basket of strips that is always full not matter how many QAYG blocks I make from it. And in front of the basket are the three empty thread spools, which had various amounts of thread on them this morning, left over from other projects. So the thread, the batting, and the strips were all off-cuts and remnants. And the backings were all other people's scraps. I now have quite a stack of blocks to send to Jan. Most were made a few years ago, and have moved house with me 2 or 3 times. But now Jan is making quilts for a refuge and needs blocks again, so soon I will send off my contributions.