Thursday, April 14, 2016

Slow Day

Recently I've felt the need to do some easy, stress-relieving sewing, but I really didn't want to start a new project. Last night at my quilt guild meeting, the "Quilts of Love" coordinator was looking for people to stitch up kits she had prepared. She had cut up squares to make small "disappearing 9-patch" quilts, which we were to assemble according to the instructions on this blog post:
 Disappearing 9-Patch I-Spy Quilt.
 I took two sets.

Today I had been planning to go into Melbourne to visit the Australasian Quilt Convention, but I was just too exhausted for that. So I stayed home and relaxed with my easy sewing, getting both kits to the "webbed together" stage. Here's one on the new design wall, as I played with the fabric arrangement:

1 comment:

Terry said...

Sometimes easy sewing is the best thing for the body and the mind.
I scrolled back through your week of posts and you've been busy.
Enjoy the next steps in life.