Sunday, April 17, 2016

Growing Things

A few things around the garden today:

Vireya Princess Alexandra is starting to bloom again after a few months without flowers:
While looking for other buds, I found this on one of her stems:
I presume it is some sort of wasp nest, but I don't know what. Or if the two holes mean that the occupant has moved out?

My cymbidium orchid, Peter Pan X Snow Eagle "Malcolm", is fully open:
And has another flower spike developing:

The zygocactus (Schlumbergera truncata) are starting to flower, even though traditionally this one hasn't flowered until late in May:

And finally, the last of the TreeProject seedlings have started to appear:
Totem poles, Melaleuca decussata. I was beginning to think they would never germinate.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

What gorgeous blooms--isn't it nice to see flowers once again??? hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

The colours of flowers, can make your day.