Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Flamingo in Progress

The flamingo is the first block of a paper-pieced BOM (Block of the Month) for 2015 called "Zoo Animals", designed by Australian designer Kristy at Quiet Play.

Each month she will provide the pattern for one animal free. I thought I would get the flamingo made today, but I had a few other things I had to do, and I had a bit more trouble sewing it than I expected. A few of these seams had to be sewn twice - my fault, not the pattern! I wasn't concentrating properly. So this is about a third of the flamingo.  It will be a couple of days before I can get back to him, but at least I got his eye done. It has the teeny-tiniest pieces!


2 comments:

Terry said...

Very interesting. Your getting lots more sewing done than I am this summer. Enjoy it when you can

jacaranda said...

Interesting, looking forward to see which animal appears each month.