Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Next Stage and I

I just met an internet friend in real life, and as usual with internet friends, she was just as nice as I expected! Maria from The Next Stage is in Melbourne for the Let's Get Stitched weekend. Today she had some free time, so we visited a few Melbourne landmarks together. It was fun to act a bit like a tourist in my own town.

This wall of vintage machines is at one of our early stops, the place where Project Runway Australia contestants buy their fabric, Rathdowne Fabrics and Remnants.

Another stop - the beautiful reading room of the State Library of Victoria:
I spent a few hours studying here in the days before the domed roof was turned into a skylight.

Later in the day we almost gate-crashed a wedding being held under another beautiful dome.

Here's Maria and another happy shopper in the gorgeous L'uccello vintage haberdashery shop:
Would you believe I have never actually been to this shop before? Today I bought some needles and some trim, but I'm sure I'll be visiting again.

Thanks for being a tourist with me, Maria!

2 comments:

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

What a lovely day with your Internet friend!

Marly said...

What an interesting city you live in, but most tourists would walk straight past those places. It takes an interested local guide to show the real places of interest. That haberdashery looks like a sewer's paradise.