Monday, April 1, 2013

Bag Finish

Maybe a bit hard to see in the picture, but today I finished this bag:
The pattern is Nicole Mallalieu's City Bag. I've wanted to try this pattern for a while, but rather than use the "good" fabric, I used this fake suede to test out how the pattern went together. Now I've made it I'm not sure if it can take all the stuff I normally carry around with me. It's empty in the photo, but once I add in my umbrella, purse, keys, camera etc,  it loses its shape because the weight pulls the sides in. Either I need more stabiliser, or less stuff, or a less structured bag design...\

Added later: After using the bag for a day, and filling it with all the things I carry around which I forgot about yesterday (two glasses cases, Kobo e-reader, and more), the bag held its shape well. So no need for less stuff after all!

2 comments:

jacaranda said...

Perhaps it can be used for only a few things like your keys and purse. I like the look of it.

Chiara Z said...

Hmmmm--carrying stuff--isn't that the perennial problem!