Saturday, January 19, 2013

Scatterday - R

Scatterday (now fortnightly by request of the majority of participants) is here again. This fortnight Cinzia gave us the letter

and our categories are:
# mammal
# technology
# transport
# something red from your sewing room.


Mammal:
Rabbit
Sylvac rabbit figurine. Either my great aunt or my grandmother had one of these cute bunnies, but unfortunately it wasn't passed down to me. I had to buy my own.

Technology:
Radio
My father was a radio technician, and as I grew up our kitchen table seemed always to hold at least one valve radio he was repairing for a relative or neighbour. This transistor radio is the first product I remember seeing on TV and desperately wanting. Not only was it a radio, you could wear it as a bangle! I was very happy when my parents gave me one for Christmas. Mine was blue. I don't remember how much they cost new, but I saw this red one for sale for $165 last week.

Transport:
Rowboats
At dawn on the River Ganges at Varanasi, December 2008.

Something red from my sewing room:
Some red things from my sewing room.

You can visit other Scatterday participants from the links on Cinzia's blog.

13 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

great items, and here was I hoping Rabbits were really mammals and not rodents had to google to make sure.
Well done.

Joy V said...

Great photos Vireya. Love the rowboats and I also remember those transistor radios. Funny isn't how a few of us are looking back in history for some photos.

Jenny said...

Lovely photos, especially love the row boats on the Ganges. Lots of nice red from the sewing room too.

cinzia said...

The River Ganges is unbelievable..so many people in such a small space. $165 for a radio..wonders never cease.

Sue said...

Rabbits seem very popular mammals. Love your rowboats on the Ganges.

mitchez2013 said...

Your retro radio brings back memories! It was on my 'to buy' list but by the time I had saved my pocket money, they had sold out! Love all the red from your stash.

Ozjane said...

love the rowboats......cannot believe I forgot them...LOL.
We must all be influenced by those baby bunny plates in our youth.

Liz Needle said...

Lovely photo of the Ganges. And a great radion. Have never seen one like that before.

SueBK said...

Love the red collection from your stash.

Wendy said...

Awesome Vireya, DH was asking if anyone had included a photo of their RED scissors!

FlourishingPalms said...

Good photos! The last one, of all the red items in your sewing room, is a brilliant photo. Thanks for sharing.

jacaranda said...

Fabulous photos, love your rabbit.

Julie said...

Such delightful R's and I especially like your collection of red from your sewing room!