Thursday, April 12, 2012

Australasian Quilt Convention

It's AQC time again, and today was a perfect Melbourne autumn day for it. I had planned my day before I arrived, but the first workshop I wanted to do booked out before I arrived. No worries, I bought a kit and will have a go at home. Pictures sometime later, maybe!

I did do a Pfaff workshop which was lots of fun, trying out some of the Ambition 1.5's fancy stitches on a piece of fake suede, and then sewing it into this cute little case.
The machine was fun to use, especially as I'm not used to computerised sewing. The instructor did her best to get us all to buy one (special deal for the duration of the show) but I'm not in the market for a new machine at the moment. It was fun to play with, but I really don't need 190-odd stitches. I haven't mastered the touch-screen on my new phone yet, so I don't need one on my sewing machine too.

Of course, the main point of the day was to see the quilts, and they really did not disappoint! So much amazing work to see; and so good that it can almost be more intimidating than inspiring. But I hope I've taken away some ideas that I can use.

Best of all, I survived the day without injury this time.

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

and you've taken away a cute little bag with fun stitches, a good day.