Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Do Number One

Trip north today for the first Christmas Do for the year.

Stopped at interesting nurseries, antique shops and galleries, spent time with lots of people and ate lots of food, and didn't even think to get out my camera until on the way home I saw hundreds of birds in a paddock. There were many sulphur-crested cockatoos, galahs and corellas, and a handful of ravens, all eating grass seeds (I assume).

Apparently a person walking towards them with a camera is a little more threatening than cars roaring past at 110kmph. I only took a couple of steps before they started taking off:
You will just have to believe me that this is only a small section of them.

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

i believe you, i have seen them in their hundreds or thousands. did you enjoy your Do?