Friday, April 8, 2011

You Sew, Girl!

Today Nikki gave me a copy of her book, which will be in the shops on 1st May. How exciting!
I had my nose buried in it all the way home, so much so that I nearly missed my stop.

The book is full of great stuff (tips, projects and patterns, as it says on the cover) and there are quite a few things I'd like to make. But what I might try first is one of the pattern-free skirts:

Pattern-free sewing sounds intimidating, so it is probably something I need to tackle.  Nikki says in the intro to the pattern-free section, "These projects are all about discovering the freedom and flexibility of 'winging it'." I know she knows what she is talking about; see that black fabric I've photographed the book on?  That's actually a skirt Nikki whipped up for me, with only my hip measurement to go on, one day when I suffered a wardrobe mishap at work.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So glad you like it!! Go on... make a skirt!!!

CurlyPops said...

The wrap skirt is most definitely on the top of my list too!

Adele - A Lass from Downunder said...

A wardrobe mishap? ... sounds intriguing. Thank goodness for Nikki and her studio workspace upstairs!